Sunday, December 6, 2015

Happiness is . . . a Little White Dog and 3 Lion Cubs

     Remember the Peanuts book back in the 1960s called "Happiness is a Warm Puppy?"  I've been thinking lately about what makes me happy.  With all the tragedy and evil that is talked about, argued about, commentated on, etc, etc, ad nauseum on all the news stations 24/7, I choose (and it is a choice) to find what makes me happy.  I'm not ignoring the fact that there is and always has been and will always continue to be horrible things that happen in this world, I just don't want to dwell on it and let it rob me of my peace of mind and happiness.
     So, I've been thinking this week about what really does give me joy and I decided to share that list with all of you.  And I encourage you to do something similar and to see how happy you can be if you choose to.  These are in no particular order.

Happiness is . . . .
     my little white fluffy dog, CoCo
CoCo

     my weekly visits to the zoo, especially to see the cubs and the gorillas
The precious cubs at 5 months

3 year old Dembe is mimicking big sister Tumani
     that blue blue Colorado sky sitting above a snow-capped Pikes Peak
Snow on the Peak behind the Garden of the Gods

     the little chickadees that sing so sweetly on the tree outside the kitchen window
     watching the squirrels frolic in the branches in my backyard
     my son's hugs and smiles
Me with Andy in Tuscany - September, 2015

     my monthly dinners with my West BFFs
     my monthly lunches with my Wasson BFFs
     my monthly "dates" with good friend Renae
     my weekly movie "dates" with my sister/friend Beth
     my weekly phone talks with my sister/cousin Cindy
     dreaming of France
"My" valley in SW France

The beautiful Pyrenees

     traveling someplace new
The church of San Biagio near Montepulciano, Italy

     seeing someplace old through new eyes
Me with cousin Cindy at the North Pole last summer

     Christmas carols (sung traditionally)
     Broadway musicals (most of them anyway)
     dog shows on TV (hope to see one in person someday)
     a Thanksgiving meal
     memories of camping with my parents
At Spruce Grove campground many years ago

     remembering Rocky (my 140 lb rottie/lab) playing in the sprinkler and chasing Tinkerbell
     dreaming of France (yes, I know I already mentioned this)
The castle in Foix in SW France


     eating gelato - preferably in Italy
     Paris
The very recognizable Tour Eiffel

     Venice
On the Grand Canal, Venice

     Christmas lights around town
     a baby's giggle
     sitting in the sunshine (no matter what season of the year)
     reading - anytime and anyplace
     smelling the lavender and the rosemary around my patio

A rose among the lavender

     the smell of lilacs
One of my lilac bushes

     playing the piano
     smiles - on anyone
     movie buttered popcorn
     being surrounded by nature - like in the mountains or on a beach
The Tuscan countryside

     a beautiful piece of art
Michelangelo's Pieta in Saint Peter's in Rome

     dreaming of France (see a pattern here?)
Beautiful landscape in the Pyrenees

The flower market in Old Town Nice

I love this old postcard of Paris


     I will leave you with this suggestion which I have paraphrased from the Apostle Paul.  Spend your time thinking about things that are noble, good, kind, lovely, honorable, truthful and beautiful.  Fill your mind with these things and you will find peace and happiness.
    Once again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to read my blog.  Merci!  And may your week be filled with happiness.
    
    
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment