Monday, January 2, 2017

Thinking Back, Planning Ahead

     Yesterday I went through last year's (that seems odd to say!) day planner in order to transfer all the birthdays and anniversaries into my 2017 day planner.  I always enjoy that task - reading all the lists of things that happened daily throughout the year as I search for birthdays, etc.  Wow!  I was really busy last year!  It exhausted me to read about all the painting, staining, floor refinishing, etc that I did in order to get my house ready to sell.
     It also was a reminder of everything I went through to get ready for my move to France.  I had to go to LA to get my visa, I went to Albuquerque to be interviewed for my Global Pass.  I had to get shots and microchip for CoCo and then go to Denver to the USDA department for her "passport" to enter France. And have all of her paperwork filled out in French and English.  The last few months leading up to the move was really hectic!
     But I also enjoyed reading about all the dinners and lunches and visits with Cindy and trip to Delaware for Darra and Gary's wedding.  And the trip with Renae to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando!  (I'm ready to go again!)  And all the movies with Beth and the fun times with Andy.  All in all it was an amazing year for me.
     And here I am, in my little corner of France celebrating the beginning of a new year.  I feel like I'm living a charmed life.  And I am so very grateful (as I tell you often, but I really do mean it!) that so many of you take the time to let me know that you're thinking of me and following this path on which I am traveling.
     In looking ahead I am thrilled that Andy will be here in less than two weeks and then Beth will be here in about six weeks.  That is what I'm planning for now.  I have my lists started and add to and adjust them daily!  Andy will only be here for eight days so I'm trying to decide what places will be the most fun for us to visit together.  I also have a list of meals which I have begun preparing and freezing so I don't have to be cooking while he's here as we want to be out and about as much as the weather allows.
     So far on my list of places to visit are Carcassonne, Biarritz (both are just a couple of hours from me), the mountain towns of Pau, Lourdes and Argeles-Gazost.  Nearby sights such as Condom, Eauze, Montesquiou and Fources.  He has seen many of the local medieval and Roman sights as he and I were in this area two years ago and tried to see the most important places.  But many are worth a second visit.  We will run out of time long before we run out of places to see.
     As it gets closer to Beth's visit I'll share with you what I have planned for the two of us to see.  I do have plans for March, but will share those with you as we get closer to that month.  Springtime is my favorite time of year and I'm already looking forward to seeing the return of warmth and new growth.
     I'll end this post with some photos of what Andy and I may be seeing when he's here from January 15 - 23.  And as always I thank you for taking the time to read my blog and for joining me on this journey that has brought me to this lovely corner of France in 2017!  Merci!!

Andy with me in Tuscany - September 2015

The Musketeer statue outside the Cathedral in Condom

Fources

The medieval square in Eauze

The medieval gateway into Montesquiou

The waves at Biarritz

The amazing double-walled city of Carassonne


     
    

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. Thank you again for sharing your journey.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Beautiful picture, I'm still enjoying your adventures. Keep on posting.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feliz año nuevo amiga! Whiskers is thriving...she's so spoiled with attention from my parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing your adventures. I look forward to your weekly blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fources looks like a Cinderella movie!

    ReplyDelete