Monday, August 29, 2016

Au Revoir USA

     I'm sitting in the lobby of the hotel in Houston near the airport.  This is my last day in the US.  CoCo and I left the Springs early this morning where Cindy and Andy saw me off.  I surprised myself that I was not emotional.  I think it's because I am so very excited about this journey - this bend that has been so long in coming but one I have been seeing for many many years!  It still all seems a little unreal.
     I think it probably will take more than a month for it to sink in that I actually live in France and aren't there just for a visit. 
     The Peak has had some snow on it the past two mornings - so beautiful!  You can't see it in the photo as it is covered in clouds.  Snow in August, you ask?  YES!  Not terribly unusual for the mountains to start getting some snow as we get closer to Autumn.  Cindy was so in love with the view of the Peak this morning that it was hard for her to pay attention to directions from our hotel to the airport :-)
    
     It was great to have Andy and Cindy at the airport this morning.  So glad that Andy's boss was willing for him to come in late so that he could see me off on my grand adventure.  Wish he were coming with me.  We'll make arrangements for him to come for about 10 days in the winter when his Incline project is finished.  That will take him away from snow removal for a few days which will make him happy!
     My "Moving to France" party was so much fun.  Had a chance to visit with so many good friends and family.  Many of whom hadn't seen each other in many years and I think everyone had a really good time.  And it was the perfect way to send me off with lots of love and blessings.
     I know of people coming to see me in December, January, February and April.  Better get your bids in soon or the months will be filled! :-)  I am happy to travel to see anyone who might be coming to Western Europe.  Air and train travel makes all the countries so accessible which is awesome!
     I wanted to get one last blog post done while I'm still in the US.  The next one will be from my cottage in France!  I am so blessed to be able to follow my dream.  I realize that  very few people can actually do that.  What a long road I have traveled so far and now the bend is in sight.  I expect to follow many more roads and encounter many more bends in France.  And you can all come along!
     My phone and email will stay the same.   Here is my new address:
                                           Candy Witt
                                           Chez M et Mme Gentile G
                                           Lassenat St Georges
                                           32190 Justian
                                           France
      Lassenat St Georges is the name of the property.  If you google it you will see the website for the cottage.  The owners have done a great job of setting up the website with photos of not only the four holiday cottages that they rent out but also of the surrounding area.  If you have some time I encourage you to check it out and then you'll see where I'm living for the next eight months.
     Thank you for joining me on this journey.  Some of you have been hearing me talk about moving to France for the past 20 years.  Now the time is here.  And you are all coming along with me, so to speak.  I will continue the weekly blog.  No more house projects.  My days will be filled with markets, villages, gardens, castles, cathedrals, chateaux, Roman ruins, eating and drinking and exploring.  And I am quite happy to share it all with you.  Au Revoir aux Etats-Unis et Bonjour a La Belle France!




No comments:

Post a Comment